Beat ChatGPT: The Game
For the rest of their lives, your students will be challenged to come up with ideas that are more valuable than those created by Artificial Intelligence tools like ChatGPT. In this game, they’ll get a chance to stretch their thinking in order to do just that-- Beat ChatGPT!
Use the Beat ChatGPT Game Guide to choose a prompt you think is right for your class. Show them what ChatGPT came up with, then discuss what ChatGPT did well and poorly. Students will work in groups to submit ideas that they think will improve on ChatGPT’s ideas. Then, submit your ideas — along with ChatGPT’s — to a judge (other students, teachers, administrators, or parents) to see if they prefer your ideas to the computer’s!
- New to ChatGPT? Here’s a Quick Tutorial.
- To improve on the response of ChatGPT, ask your students questions like these:
- Is there anything UNTRUE?
- Is there anything UNCLEAR?
- Is there anything MISSING?
- This game can be used to help students learn your content! Give ChatGPT a prompt you’d ask your students. Share the response with students and have them discuss what ChatGPT did well and poorly. Then, see if they can produce something even better. It’s a super flexible strategy you can use to explore ANY subject!
Awesome…it’s what you do!!!Please let us know how this lesson went and how we can improve it for the next teacher. Thank you for being a Blue Apple teacher – a teacher who stands out!
The Van Andel Institute for K-12 Education offers customized support for schools who want to leverage the power of AI to improve student learning — in a way that’s practical, meaningful, and FUN! Fill in the PD Request Form to get started!