We search for teachers creating remarkable learning experiences and select the very best PBL units we can find. We curate those winning ideas into a 5-step process for each lesson and add PBL supports that turn ordinary lesson plans into cohesive, integrated, engaging learning experiences.
- Start with why: Motivate students with a compelling question and engaging hook.
- Think it through: Guide students in exploration and discovery.
- Work it out: Support collaborative teams as they apply critical and creative thinking to real-world problems.
- Fix it up: Encourage iterative thinking with purposeful feedback and revision.
- Share your awesome: Give work relevance and meaning by presenting it to authentic audiences.
- Project Plan and Supplies: Facilitate sustained inquiry with engaging, purposeful lessons and materials for hands-on activities.
- Real-world Connections: Boost engagement and relevance by connecting students with real-world experts and influencers.
- Cross-curricular Content: Integrate content-area instruction in the context of an authentic learning experience to deepen understanding.
- Collaboration Options: Foster openness to new ideas by partnering with other classes doing the same project.
- Professional Development: Discover point-of-use teaching tips and tricks that can be applied beyond the current project.
Blue Apple projects offer a practical application to the rich research base for project-based learning. They make the engagement and achievement gains more attainable with time-saving supports to make project-based learning a reality in any classroom.