For K-8 Teachers.
Transcend traditional textbook instruction and integrate immersive real-world applications that resonate with today’s students — in a way that works for you! This workshop equips you with proven techniques to infuse authenticity into every lesson bridging the gap between classroom learning and real-world challenges. Whether you’re ready to move to full-fledged Project-Based Learning, or whether you’re looking to take a few baby steps toward authenticity, you’ll discover ways to elevate your teaching style and foster deeper understanding in your students.
- Recognize the value and impact of transitioning from textbook-centric teaching to real-world problem-solving.
- Acquire evidence-based strategies to seamlessly integrate authentic experiences into your lessons.
- Design lesson plans or project plans that encourage active student engagement and reflect real-world relevance.
Complimentary breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and parking will be provided!
6 SCECHs available
- Full refunds will be given if requested more than 7 days before the start date of the event.
- Partial refunds (50% tuition) will be given if requested 7 days or less of the start date of the event.
- EventBrite fees are nonrefundable.
- Inclement weather policy: If the Grand Rapids Public School (GRPS) district is closed due to inclement weather, Van Andel Institute for Education will be closed.https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pw-authentic-learning-bridging-classrooms-and-real-world-applications-tickets-774590108867