For K-8 Teachers.
Event Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/774591162017
Embark on a journey to rekindle the flame of curiosity in the classroom with our Inquiry Across the Curriculum workshop. This full-day session dives deep into methodologies that inspire young minds to proactively question, explore, and construct their own understandings. Gain a deep appreciation for how these strategies apply in ELA, math, science, and social studies classes as you equip yourself with the tools to transform your teaching, making every subject an adventure of discovery and active learning.
- Understand the foundational principles of inquiry-based learning and its significance in the K-8 environment.
- Acquire techniques to embed inquiry-driven activities and questions across various subjects.
- Design engaging lesson plans that foster a culture of curiosity, exploration, and self-directed learning.
- 6 SCECHs available
Complimentary breakfast, lunch, refreshments, and parking will be provided!
- Full refunds will be given if requested more than 7 days before the start date of the event.
- Partial refunds (50% tuition) will be given if requested 7 days or less of the start date of the event.
- EventBrite fees are nonrefundable.
- Inclement weather policy: If the Grand Rapids Public School (GRPS) district is closed due to inclement weather, Van Andel Institute for Education will be closed.