Why Blue Apple?
We search for teachers creating remarkable learning experiences and select the very best PBL units we can find. We curate those winning ideas into a 5-step process for each lesson and added PBL supports that turn ordinary lesson plans into cohesive, integrated, engaging learning experiences. This is the Blue Apple PBL Framework.
The Blue Apple PBL Framework
- Start with why: Motivate students with a compelling question and engaging hook.
- Think it through: Guide students in exploration and discovery.
- Work it out: Support collaborative teams as they apply critical and creative thinking to real-world problems.
- Fix it up: Encourage iterative thinking with purposeful feedback and revision.
- Share your awesome: Give work relevance and meaning by presenting it to authentic audiences.
- Project Plan and Supplies: Facilitate sustained inquiry with engaging, purposeful lessons and materials for hands-on activities.
- Real-world Connections: Boost engagement and relevance by connecting students with real-world experts and influencers.
- Cross-curricular Content: Integrate content-area instruction in the context of an authentic learning experience to deepen understanding.
- Collaboration Options: Foster openness to new ideas by partnering with other classes doing the same project.
- Professional Development: Discover point-of-use teaching tips and tricks that can be applied beyond the current project.
Be the teacher who stands out!
What’s in a name?
Curious about the name Blue Apple? Good, we like curious people! When we were first putting together the concept of finding stand-out teachers and celebrating their awesome, we happened to cross paths with Monica Genta who was encouraging teachers to find and recognize amazing teachers with a “Blue Apple” postcard. Her concept matched so well with what we were trying to build that we decided to team up. We consider Monica the original blue apple teacher!