Professional Development with Personality!
Teachers…professional development doesn’t have to stink! We’ve all been there…forced to sit through a day of professional development that makes watching paint dry sound like epic fun. How can WE (educators) acquire new skills that engage students if we aren’t engaged? We set out to create a PD day where we practice what we preach…engagement!
Administrators…fun doesn’t mean a waste of time or money! Research shows that engagement leads to achievement. This cost-effective training option will bring your school’s PBL efforts to the next level.
5 Ways PBL Benefits Students:
- Increases long-term retention of content
- Improves problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Improves attitudes toward learning
- Prepares students for deeper learning, higher-level thinking skills, and intra/interpersonal skills
- Can work in different types of schools, serving diverse learners
Blue Apple Workshops
Make It Real: Implementing Project-based Learning
One-Day Workshop | Cost: $2600*
Teachers want to create memorable, meaningful learning experiences where students apply critical and creative thinking to real-world problems, but who has the time?! Our approach to project-based learning involves engaging students in projects that matter through cross-curricular content, real-world connections, and collaboration opportunities. Teachers explore several project-based learning units, discover practical strategies for integrating their content, and gain insights into creating a classroom culture that supports curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking. Teachers receive personalized instruction in project-based learning and leave with customized project plans that will wow their students.
- Learn the Blue Apple framework to transform any lesson into an authentic learning experience
- Select and personalize projects to engage students actively, cognitively, and emotionally
- Infuse projects with cross-curricular content, collaboration opportunities, and real-world connections
- Discover strategies to promote a classroom culture that supports creative and critical thinking
Like a Boss: Managing and Assessing Project-based Learning
One-Day Workshop | Cost: $2600*
You’ve learned about PBL, maybe you’ve tried it, but you are left wanting more…more of the nuts and bolts that make it happen. Join the Blue Apple team as we share and model strategies to support the logistical, day to day challenges of project-based learning. Discover practical tools to help build and manage robust collaborative groups and provide effective feedback and assessments that matter. After this one-day workshop you will have the tools and resources you need to PBL like a boss!
- Learn strategies to build and manage collaborative PBL groups
- Discover how to help your students become project managers
- Develop strategies for providing timely, specific, and actionable feedback
- Explore resources and tools for assessing your students in content, skills, process, and product
Save time. Engage Students. Impact Community!
“Blue Apple PD was actually fun! Training was led by professionals and experienced teachers. Experiencing PBL first-hand was inspiring, and really got me excited to create memorable learning experiences with my students.”
—5th grade teacher